Thursday, January 15, 2009

Added New Features to my Blog

As I was fiddling with all the buttons today, I found new gadgets that enabled me to add one picture, so I did - and added two instead of just one!

Will need to keep searching, because I would really like to add a slideshow of just my pictures (found plenty of gadgets that allowed a slideshow of other peoples pictures!).

Have also installed a Map of the World that enables Google news from other countries... hopefully I won't find it difficult to navigate away from my page now :)

Update on Sunday January 18th...it now takes ages to load my page when I first navigate to it...mmm...unsure if adding three photos and extra gadgets was really the smartest thing to do!

5 comments:

  1. Tess thanks for the comment is really appreciated. I agree that the webct group are generally very helpful with figuring my way around.

    I think that I will find that this unit will be very useful to me in my other subjects.

    You are being very experimental with all of this and that is great I also need to let go a bit more and just enjoy the ride a bit.

    When I get stuck I will definitely call for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine - I agree with you.

    We're learning so much from this course that I'm already finding great use out of (for example) searching for peer-reviewed articles.

    I love the additions, but the downfall is - my page is taking longer and longer to load!

    Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tess, pictures look great! True that it may take longer to load... but it's worth it! I haven't looked at blogs in a long long time, so it was great to see yours first up!
    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tess,

    there is an application called flickr, which from my understanding would do what you described with photos. Here is the URL http://www.flickr.com/
    It can actually be added as a widget to my blog(i am using wordpress though) don't know how you would go with blgspot.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chriso, Jamie, and Kel,

    Thanks for your words of encouragement :)

    Kel - I'm sort of in the middle of mid-SP blues (I have to work really hard to get myself to the computer at the moment), so your comments are especially welcomed.
    I'll definitely be checking out that Flickr application Jamie - it looks really interesting!

    Chriso -add me to that massed band -I l o v e that song \0/

    Cheers - after reading your comments, I'm feeling focused enough to try and fix up my html page today...Thank You \0/

    ReplyDelete