Monday, December 29, 2008

Module 2: Email Question 5

Q5 How have you organised the folder structure of your email and why?

My personal email has 'junk' and 'spam' mail delivered to a special ' spam' box.
All I need to do is go and immediately delete these emails.
If I don't immediately delete them, my email provider does so in a months time.

Sometimes, legitimate things do get sent to my spam box in error, but if I add the sender to my address book, it gets sent to my Inbox instead.

The other ways I have sorted my email is only *after* I have read them.

I like to clear my Inbox on a daily (sometimes more than once a day) basis, so I can act on things quickly.
If I automatically sent mail to different files prior to opening it, it would take a bit longer to read my emails.

The files I have set-up usually reflect the origin of the email.

I'm a sole-trader and work at 5 different schools each week - sometimes more.
If I need to find a piece of correspondence, it is much faster to find it under the file labelled with the school name, than by any other method.

No comments:

Post a Comment