Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Module 3 HTML Success at 2:17am :)


I've finally had success at uploading a page with a photo on it :)
Massive thanks to Amy, Chriso, James, Louwna, Monique, Peter and the whole tribe at WebCt - I'd buy you all a round of drinks if I could :)
It turns out that I didn't accidentally delete *all* my attempts from Jan 12th.
One page was still lurking under the saved pseudonym of "mybackground.jpg" and I'm unsure how that misnomer came about but it doesn't matter - I still had evidence of Monday's work on my computer. I found it when I went to check my photo prior to uploading a newer version. phew!
My error is as follows:
* I saved as index
* This only saved the file as .txt
* I ignorantly believed that the notepad program would automatically add '.html' to the file in a similar way that word programs automatically save as '.doc'.
* After re-reading *ALL* the posts on the WebCt under 'Module 3 HTML Task', I realised my error.
* Thank you in particular to Amy, Chriso and Peter for suggesting that 'index.html' should be typed into the 'file name' area.
Again, many thanks - it's still a work in progress but I know what I'm doing now (can't believe I managed to upload the 'Blue Page' at the beginning of last week but couldn't remember the steps a week later - woeful!).
Will be re-working the page with renewed vigour from tomorrow...yikes!
It's after 3am in Sydney!!
Good Night :)

4 comments:

  1. Well done Tess. Lots of determination for this task. Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hans - I'm still finishing the page and hope to add more scenic pictures of the same beach (Avoca in NSW...my home for most of October and every holiday in fact!) and other scenic shots from trips interstate and overseas which you might also enjoy.

    I'm very relieved I got it sorted out and thank you profusely for your help and inspiration - your page looks so professional!!!

    Tess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tess
    Your page looks really great, love the beach background, especially on hot days like today (well in syd anyways)
    You should be so proud of yourself for coming so far with your page and the determination you have showed is applaudable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks heaps for your comments Monique, and also for your help in getting me to this point as a web publisher!

    Yep, it's going to broil here today (I'm in Syd too) so we're off to my sister's place for lunch and a dip in her pool.

    Hopefully Paddington is cooler than the Northern suburbs!

    ReplyDelete