Saturday, December 27, 2008

Module 1: Internet Tools Optional Tasks - IP address

The IP address of Curtin (curtin.edu.au) is:

134.7.179.53

The IP address of CentralOps (hexillion.com) is:

70.84.211.98

I decided not to download anything from the extra tools site, as my computer tends to freak out (probably the Vista incompatibility) and I've lost loads of time as it is, so might come back to this later.

The site did not specify which Windows operating system was being used, so I figured it was safer NOT to download anything. I've been caught out way too many times in my short, uneducated life on the internet while using Windows Vista.

Therefore, the extra two components will have to wait - I'm on a roll here and don't want to stop (and have to rebuild my computer) just yet!!!

On another note, the curriculum for this task referred to Concept 25, identity and location. It referred to how Internet identification can help prevent unwanted messages from other users of, for example, ICQ. Still unsure of this, but sort of understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment